- Exposures on the importance of sustainable development (SD).
- Awareness on the issues, challenges and implications of SD over the environmental carrying capacity.
- Implications of SD on sustaining human life on the planet.
- Introduces the importance of sustainable development approach in the aspects of policy, economy, technology and environment.
- Various main issues in sustainable development and its implications on the environmental availability and human’s living dynamic will be shared and critically analyzed.
This subject introduces students to basic naval architectural knowledge. It enable students to familiarize themselves with naval architectural terminologies and symbols, concept and theory of naval architectural, ship design process, ship loading, hydrostatics and stability calculations. Characteristics of modern construction materials including strength, limitations and factors affecting appropriate building materials. Shipbuilding processes, shipyard facilities, fabrication and assembly techniques. Roles of classification societies in safety and quality assurance of fabrication. This subject includes individual projects and assignments.
This course discusses the basic concepts of biosphere, individual, species, population, community, ecosystem functioning and its ecological structure. The emphasis will be given to components of ecology comprising the abiotic and biotic factors governing plant and animal growth, limiting factors in the environment, energy and biogeochemical cycles, population growth and life strategies. Ecological succession, environmental pollution, conservation and management issues related to these ecosystems are also will be highlighted.
This course introduces the concept of ecology which is a study of interrelationship of organisms and their environment or habitats.
This ecology of individuals deals with physiological and behavioural processes over a period of time. For an example; how do salt-water crocodiles regulate the water balance? Or how do Proboscis monkey deals with fibrous diet of leaves from mangrove trees.